- Price list has been updated. - New Tasking Service enables to provide fresh 3D map!
- “How AW3D is transforming disaster relief on Earth” introduced in Alphr, the UK’s technology website (External link).
- AW3D became the world’s first five-meter-resolution 3D map covering all global land spaces (External link of press release).
- AW3D received “The Prime Minister's Award” of the Japan Cabinet Office's 2015 Space Development and Utilization Awards (External link, in Japanese).
- JICA's Good Practice on utilization of AW3D for Post Disaster Survey (External link).
Entire World DEM (Digital Elevation Model) in 5-meter Resolution, World's Most Precise Level
|Products||:||Digital Elevation Model (DEM), Orthorectified Image, Processed 3D products|
|Resolution||:||5m (DEM), 2.5m (Orthorectified image)|
|Accuracy||:||5m horizontal and vertical|
|Area||:||Land area of the Entire World|
High Quality and Complete 3D Coordinates
- Perfect 3D coordinates achieved by 3-way observation
PRISM data acquired by 3-way optical system (Forward, Nadir, Backward) makes highly accurate data of various types of terrain, even sharp slope of Mt. Everest. True Ortho is orthorectified imagery made from nadir image without angle view. Highly accurate 3D coordinates information is available using 3-demensional information (DEM and orthorectified imagery) including horizontal information.
- High Geolocation Accuracy without GCP Correction
The product offers high geolocation accuracy without any ground control points, thanks to the precise position/attitude data of the sattelite and well calibrated sensor models. Moreover, it is equipped with high data quality which does not include any systematic noise derived from the satellite observing system such as an attitude jitter by using high-frequency attitude data exclusively used for this product.
Comparison with existing global data(Ayers Rock)
Left: ALOS 5m resolution DEM, Right: Existing 90m resolution DEM
2m resolution Enhanced 3D Topographic Data
|Products||：||Digital Elevation Model (DEM), Orthorectified Image, Processed 3D products|
|Resolution||：||2m(DEM), 0.5m(Orthorectified image)|
|Accuracy||：||2m horizontal and vertical(with GCP), 4m horizontal and vertical(without GCP)|
|Area||：||This product is produced on demand. There is new tasking option.|
From "3D maps that you look at" to "3D maps that you can use"
This digital 3D maps is characterized by it’s high precision and high quality. It can be used for various purposes. It can be solution in broad area, such as development of infrastructure in emerging countries, prevention and measures of natural disasters including flood, natural resource survey, and water resource
- [Development of Infrastructure]
- - Developing base maps in emerging nations
- Construction planning for infrastructure facilities
- Development plan for agricultural irrigation
- [Disaster Prevention]
- - Identifying areas at risk of disasters including flooding, landslides, tsunamis, lava flows and pyroclastic flows
- Evaluation of climate change related risks such as sea level rise and glacier retreats
- [Resource Surveys]
- - The identification of promising areas for natural resource investigations
- Water resource and underground water surveys
- - Simulations for aircraft operations
- Route selection for navigation
- [Radio Communication]
- - Plan development for such purposes as the grasping of areas that present an impediment to radio communication
- Location correction through remote sensing data
- - Computer graphics and video production
- The production of educational teaching materials for subjects such as science, geography, and disaster prevention